29 July 2009

Yin & Yang

In life, everything is created in dualities: e.g. matter and antimatter, female and male, etc. These dualities are called in Chinese as yin and yang.
Yin and yang are complementary opposites within a greater whole. One complements the other. Complement, as defined in Webster dictionary, means ‘complete, or makes perfect.’ So, without the existence of the other, the greater whole is not perfect. Without the existence of yin, there is no yang.
According to Wikipedia, yin yang has the following characteristics:
1. They are rooted together
Since yin and yang are created together, they are bound together as parts of a mutual whole.
2. They are balanced
Yin-yang is a dynamic equilibrium. Because they arise together they are always equally balanced.

Before I got married, my life was incomplete. My greater whole was not perfect. I needed someone to complement me. I needed my Yin. And then I married my wife. My life finally became complete.

The completeness turned into perfection since we are blessed with a lovely son and an adorable daughter. There were times in my life when I wished I was someone else who is more successful, richer, etc. But no, not anymore. My life is already perfect. I have a perfect family and thanks to my lovely wife for that.

My wife is the ultimate complementary of me. Many of my weaknesses are complemented by her. Every time I forgot where I put things, she can easily find them. When I forgot about an appointment, she will remind me of that. When I need more eyes when I drive a car, she would be my navigator. Together, we make a good team. I don’t know what my life would be without her.

My wife also brings my life into balance. I tend to throw away things that I think not worth keeping. She would remind me that the things are useful and that turns out to be true. I also have a tendency to be very calm, sometimes even too calm to notice a dangerous situation. If my kids got sick, I sometimes take for granted about the condition, thinking that it is only a minor sickness. She would enlighten me about the condition so I would be more aware of the situation.

Our dynamic equilibrium is also exist in our body temperature. When the room temperature gets colder, my skin becomes cool, while her skin becomes warm. It is vice versa when the room temperature gets hotter. So, no matter what the room temperature is, it is always comfortable to embrace her because she will balance my body temperature.

In addition to being a complementary of me and balancing my life, she is also an angel. ‘To err is human, to forgive divine,’ so they say. As a human, I make many mistakes, mistakes that I wish I didn’t do. But she wholeheartedly forgive my mistakes and give me chance to start over new. The angelic trust from her on me encourage myself to guard her trust. Hey, you wouldn’t hurt an angel twice, right? ?

In a nutshell, she is everything to me: my wife, my soul mate, my lover, my sister, my little girl, my navigator, my angel and my yin. She balances my life. She completes me. Together, we make a perfect mutual whole, because we are bound to be together.

To my wife, Sisi:

I am grateful for you, my love.
for how you complement me.
for all the ways you love me.
for the joy and pleasure you bring to my life.
for your patience when our lives are in bad times.
for your precious presence,
in memories of the past and this present moment.
For you, I am much more than grateful.
I am blessed to have you.

Happy Tenth Anniversary!

Truly yours,
Medio

(c) created by MZ

2 comments:

Meisha said...

Ar-Rum ayat 21:
Dan diantara tanda-tanda kekuasaanNya ialah Dia menciptakan untukmu isteri dari jenismu sendiri, supaya kamu cenderung dan merasa tentram kepadanya, dan dijanjikan-Nya diantaramu rasa kasih dan sayang. Sessunguhnya pada yang demikian itu benar-benar terdapat tanda-tanda bagi kaum yang berfikir

Anonymous said...

Sejauh ini sih bagus, tapi lebih bagus lagi kalo ada resepnya.......,apalagi yg love story nya bikin terharu..... nati tambah foto2 lagi yah......kan sering berpetualang tuh.....

Post a Comment