31 July 2009

My resignation e-mail

Dear friends,

When I hop onboard a ship named [name of my company - deleted], I never knew it was going to be a short journey. Despite its duration, the voyage is worth to go through. The knowledge gained is priceless and the friendship nurtured is invaluable. I could say that it is one of my superb moments.

After sailing with [company] in the uncharted blue water, swayed by gentle breeze or sometimes harsh winds, it is time for me to say Aloha to all of you. Aloha, besides ciao, is a word used both as goodbye and hello. Hence, this is not a goodbye letter, but merely a see-you-later letter. As we might bump into each other someday. Maybe in those beautiful islands in the sun. Or even in other ships. Well, who knows that someday you become one of the crews in my ship....

I would like to express my gratitude to the captains and my fellow crew members for the experiences we shared. I would like also to ask for an apology for all my wrongdoings during my tenure in [company]. Believe me, none of those is done intentionally.

So, here I am, ready for my next adventures. But until it comes (and I know it will), I will enjoy this moment. Nothing about the moment could have been more perfect; the abundant supplies, the balmy fragrance of the air, the bright and warming sunlight, seabirds calling from cove to rocky point, while a slight breeze caused the bluest of blues to sparkle with light.

ALOHA.....(with hawaiian music and ladies in hula dress in the background :-) )

(c) created by MZ

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Wow.. surat pengunduran dirinya bagus banget!! Boleh nyontek ya:))

jabby said...

Is it really about you, bro...? I'm so surprised.. Never heard a single word before about your resignation... Whatz up....?

mediosiska said...

he he...nope, I'm not going to resign :) It is just my previous resignation email sent to my friends in the former companies...

Post a Comment